The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher learning approved Alcorn’s proposal to eliminate out-of-state tuition for its non-resident students. Alcorn will offer a single flat tuition rate for all resident and non-resident students. The University will charge single flat rate tuition for all students regardless of residency.
“This is one key component of Alcorn’s comprehensive enrollment management plan, which is centered around affordability and retention,” said President Alfred Rankins Jr.
Non-resident students have historically represented less than 15 percent of the student population and Alcorn has the capacity to accommodate more out-of-state students. The flat tuition rate will become effective during the Fall 2015 semester. Currently enrolled out-of-state students will qualify for the reduced tuition rate starting in the Fall 2015.
Vice President for Student Affairs Emanuel Barnes says the flat rate tuition will assist the University’s recruiting strategies.
“Our recruiters are eagerly working with alumni chapters across the nation to attract area students who could not afford the out-of-state tuition rate,” said Barnes. “With this new tuition rate for non-resident students, Alcorn is now a more competitive option.”
Alcorn’s current full-time in state tuition ranges from $6,656 to $7,421, which is a bargain compared to tuition at many institutions across the South.
The new rate will put parents and students who are seeking quality higher education experiences at affordable prices more at ease.
“For those students looking for a rigorous, affordable post secondary education away from home while feeling at home then Alcorn is a great choice,” Vice President for Finance and Administration Carolyn Dupre said.
1. Take a virtual tour of Alcorn State University’s campus on their website http://tour.alcorn.edu/flashindex.html
2. See if your major focus of study is offered
Guaranteed HBCU Admission for any California Community College student with:
An Associate Degree Awarded by a California Community College with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher, that meets any one of the following requirements:
a. The degree includes the completion and certification of the lower division Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) used by California Community College students to prepare to transfer to the University of California and California State University systems; or,
b. The degree includes the completion and certification of the lower division California State University General Education Breadth pattern; or,
c. The degree is an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) degree or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree. These degree are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree.
A minimum 30 transferrable semester units with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
Other Benefits Include: Priority Housing Consideration, Possible Scholarship, Junior Standing with Associate Degree, Focused Counseling , and more!
Current HBCU Partners include:
- Alabama State University, Montogmery, Alabama
- Alcorn State University, Lorman, Mississippi
- Arkansas Baptist College, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Bennett College, Greensboro, NC.
- Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, FL.
- Bowie State University, Bowie, Maryland
- Central State University, Wilberforce, OH.
- Claflin University, Orangeburg, South Carolina
- Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA.
- Dillard University , New Orleans, LA.
- Edward-Waters College, Jacksonville, FL.
- Fisk University, Nashville, TN.
- Florida Memorial University, Miami Gardens, FL.
- Fort ValleyState University, Fort Valley, Georgia
- Grambling State University, Grambling, LA.
- Harris-Stowe State University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Huston-Tillotson University, Austin, TX.
- Kentucky State Univeristy, Frankfort, KY.
- Lane College, Jackson, TN.
- Lincoln University of Missouri, Jefferson City, MO.
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania, Lincoln University, PA.
- Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Beana, Mississippi
- North Carolina Central University, Durham, North Carolina
- Philander Smith College, Little Rock, AR.
- Shaw University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Talladega College, Talladega, AL.
- Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tenessee
- Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas
- Tougaloo College, Jackson, MS.
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL.
- Virginia State University, Petersburg, Virginia
- West Virginia State University, Institute, WV.
- Wiley College, Marshall, TX.
Contact at: HBCTransfer@cccco.edu
For more information, please click here.