(HBCU) Historically Black College Recruitment Fairs
The UCAN Black College Recruitment Fairs are held in the Fall each year. Our most recent fairs in September 2016 drew more than 15,000 students and parents serving the cities of Sacramento, San Francisco, Fairfield, Oakland, Vallejo, Modesto, Las Vegas, and the Inland Empire (San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, Rialto and Fontana Unified School Districts). The Fairs were an overwhelming success with many students receiving on the spot admissions and scholarship offers.
Dates & Times:
The exact dates and locations are still pending for College Fair 2017
Register Online (At a later date) and Download HBCU Checklist Now.
SENIORS are encouraged to bring the following items to the College Fair to ensure they receive “ON-THE-SPOT” admissions and scholarship consideration:
- An official transcript, if available, (in a sealed envelope with school seal) for each college application you plan to complete (See flyer for list of colleges);
- A copy of your SAT/ACT score (if taken) for each college application you plan to complete;
- An unofficial transcript for other colleges to review;
- Letter(s) of recommendation (if available); and
- Personal Essay (if available).
NOTE: Some of the colleges will accept students who have a minimum 2.0 GPA and who have not yet taken the SAT/ACT
JUNIORS and OTHERS should bring the following:
- An unofficial transcript for colleges to review and
- 10 to 12 labels with your name, address, school, grade, current GPA and intended major to be given to each college you want to send you additional information
ALL STUDENTS will be able to receive:
- Information regarding each of the colleges represented at the College;
- Application fee waivers for many of the colleges represented; and
- ACT/SAT information and Financial aid information.